Benefits of a Stove
There are numerous reasons you might want a stove including;
* Saving money – Particularly if you use oil heating and have a cheap or free source of wood.
* Increased efficiency – If you already use an open fire a stove would be far more efficient,up to around 80% efficient compared to around 20% for an open fire.
* You can burn far less fuel for the same amount of heat.
* Aesthetics – A stove can be an excellent centerpiece for a room, its not unusual for owners to find themselves watching the flames rather than tv.
* Cutting your carbon foot print – Burning wood from renewable resources and replacing other fuels like coal, gas or oil will help cut carbon footprint.
* Value – In the last few years property programs have shown how Stoves/Fireplaces are an excellent selling point for home, in some cases adding significant value.
* Help achieve a better SAP rating –
Stove manufacturers are now specifically developing products to work in low energy houses.